Selecting your new kitchen countertops can be a little overwhelming. There are dozens of different countertop varieties, all with unique features. Here are the most common:
- Natural stone. Granite and other natural stone countertops are very popular and considered fairly high-end. Granite is the most durable with a hardness rating second only to diamonds. They typically require a special sealant to keep them virtually maintenance free.
- Engineered stone. Engineered stone countertops, such as Silestone, are made of 93% quartz particles with non-porous properties that make them easy to maintain and resistant to scratches and stains. These countertops are growing in popularity and are available in a large variety of patterns and colors.
- Solid surface. Stylish solid surface countertops are available in a vast amount of colors, patterns, and styles making them particularly popular for unique color applications. They are stain resistant, but can be damaged by heat.
- Ceramic. Ceramic countertops are a less expensive countertop option that is durable and easy to clean day to day. Over time, tiles can chip, and grout can become stained, so ongoing maintenance is necessary to maintain the beauty of ceramic tile countertops.
- Laminate. The least expensive countertop option, laminate countertops come in a variety of colors, patterns, and grades which make them an affordable and stylish countertop option for many homeowners.
What are the Best Types of Countertops?
Nothing beats the durability of natural stone. Resistant to wear, heat, scratches, and bacteria, granite countertops last for decades with minimum maintenance. The durability of granite, combined with its quality and style, prove to increase the value of your home. While granite has been available for centuries, its use by homeowners has gained popularity in the last 40 years. Fueled by its long-lasting durability and timeless beauty, granite countertops provide an excellent practical and aesthetically appealing countertop option.
Kitchen Countertops in Allentown PA
Shop at Keystone Supply Outlet in Allentown, serving Bethlehem and all of the Lehigh Valley area, to view many samples of our kitchen and bath cabinets and countertops for your remodeling project. As a local business, we’re committed to your satisfaction and provide exceptional customer service before, during, and after your purchase. Contact us for more information.